Friday, March 30, 2012

33 Is Where It's At!

Exhibit A - Me at 32
According to Friends United. 33 is the age where you don't give a damn (paraphrasing here). According to them " 70 percent of survey-takers over the age of 40 said they were not truly happy until they'd reached 33".

So I have about 8 more months to party like it's 1999 before I hit my magic happy #.

Actually in reflecting on this whole age thing. I don't feel 32. Recently someone flattered me and said I looked about 25/26. Either way, whatever 32 is supposed to feel like...I don't feel it. What I find though, is people measure their age and success together. For example,some people feel that by the time you're 30, you should own a house, have 2.5 kids, be married, and have a dog.

I have only one of the above...and still that doesn't define me or my age. If I had to guesstimate what age I feel closest to, it would be the 27 range.

What do you say, does your age hang over you like a proverbial thunderstorm waiting to erupt? Or is it just a number?

No comments:

Post a Comment